There has been a lot of discussions recently about depression and anxiety. In such a fast and stressful life, the words depression and anxiety do not sound so unfamiliar to anyone. Depression is a type of mental disorder which is associated with grave illness and might even be fatal in some cases. The patient suffering from depression shows symptoms like mood swings, extreme loss of ability to express emotions, retardation of movements, loss in interest in doing any activity, insomnia, etc. Even though you may think that people suffering from depression and anxiety are a few, it might be so because people suffering may themselves may not realize it, until being told by a doctor. The studies regarding depression reveal that a huge number of people suffer from various stages of depression, showing varied symptoms. Depression was seen to be more common in women than in men and more in the age group of 40 to 60 years of age. The highest amount of depression has been observed within people of the age of 25 to 40 years ago. Anxiety too is seen to be very common amongst people and patients show symptoms like fear of things, sleeplessness, being under constant pressure due to deadline pressures, etc. Thus, it is very important to understand about depression and anxiety and learn about ways to reduce it.
Cannabidiol or CBD, as it is referred commonly, is a natural part of the cannabis plant, which is thought to have several health benefits, of which reducing depression and suppressing anxiety are common. However, does green roads cbd work? is the real question here.
- Does green roads cbd work?
There are several methods or solutions that you can try if you are depressed or always in a state of anxiety. Out of the few recommended ones, psychotherapy along with prescribed medicines may help some patients. Some therapies like problem-solving therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and interpersonal therapy may do wonders for some patients. However, recent advancements in the field of science reveal that Cannabidiol may help in fighting against depression and anxiety.
The Cannabidiol or CBD is a chemical compound, which naturally occurs in the hemp plant. The human body, naturally, produces a substance called endocannabinoids, which plays the function of fighting against and keeping away from depression and anxiety. In the hemp plant, this substance occurs as phytocannabinoids. The chemical is being extracted profitably by industries, making up about 40% of cannabis extracts. It has been observed that the substance is quite effective in reducing depression and anxiety.
- Mechanism of Cannabidiol:
The Cannabidiol or CBD helps in stimulating the functioning of the central nervous system, which is actually the powerhouse or the controlling unit of the way in which your body functions or reacts to various levels of stress. The CBD enhances the effect of the naturally occurring endocannabinoids and helps in regulating mood, appetite, insomnia, functioning of the immune system, and helps in proper functioning of the body.
- Cannabidiol and Tetrahydrocannabinol
The CBD and THC both, are the components found naturally in help plants. They have long been used interchangeably, but have varied differences. The THC is responsible to cause euphoria and a sense of high in humans. The high is the same as felt by the consumption of marijuana. In contrast, the CBD is a psychoactive component, which might be useful in the control of depression and anxiety, and does not give the patient any high.
- How exactly does green roads cbd work then?
- CBD has been tested to have anti-oxidant properties, which enables toxic waste to go out of the body. These toxic substances are generated in the body by the food that you consume or the toxins might be generated within the body. Increased levels of toxins in the body will create problems like stroke, inflammatory bowel disease, and myocardial infraction.
- Diseases like the Parkinson and Alzheimer have been observed to be fought against upon using CBD. The CBD helps in such diseases of the brain by helping in the reduction of progression in patients suffering from them. In addition, it has been observed that by using CBD, some autoimmune disease diagnosed patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and lupus have shown better progress.
- Using CBD might also help in the treatment of seizure disorders and epilepsy.
- The CBD is thought to bind to certain brain cells called receptors, which helps to potentiate the work of serotonin, which plays the role in determining the mood and helps in reducing the level of stress. Thus, controlling the level of stress in a patient will prove to be exceedingly helpful for the individual suffering from depression and anxiety.
- Tremendous research has shown a positive correlation between curing depression and anxiety using CBD.
Cannabidiol thus has been seen to be quite effective for reducing anxiety and depression, but you must make sure that you must consult a medicinal practitioner before you start using it.